UX/UI Designer with solid knowledge in branding, strategy and good user experience in a variety of industries.
• Create robust design solutions through a mix of user data, business goals and innovation.
• Experienced in interaction design, site architecture, and user interfaces.
• Knowledge with User Centered Design principles.
• Adept in agile and waterfall working methods.
September 2015 – present
SDLC Partners, Pittsburgh, PA
• Execute UX/UI design as a part of a multi-disciplinary team.
• Provide analytical and creative ideas to develop a good user experience.
• Thorough understanding of contemporary user-centered design methodologies.
• Design visually appealing applications with high fidelity mock-ups.
• Completed user research to identify opportunities for improving company web presence.
• Knowledgeable in responsive design principles.
• Collaboration with the marketing department in the development of the company marketing materials.
January 2015 – September 2015
Insight Marketing Solutions, Wexford, PA
• Determine the message the design should portray and create visually appealing design approaches.
• Explore different approaches to solve a specific user problem(s)
• Direct the visual appearance of all new features and enhancements on client websites. Keep the interface beautiful and easy to use.
• Applied A/B split testing that improved conversion rates.
• Act as the user-advocate during the development process, subjecting earlystage designs to usability testing or expert review, and offering implementation suggestions from a user-centered perspective.
December 2012 – January 2015
Visual Designer, Consultant
Summa Technologies, Pittsburgh, PA
• Work with multidisciplinary teams in developing visual designs, wireframes, and client presentations.
BarkleyREI, Pittsburgh, PA
• Support the creative team with interactive projects in a variety of verticals.
Smarty Pixels, Pittsburgh, PA
• Led the company branding with logo design, website and marketing materials.
• Presented design concepts; contributed to pitches, brainstorming sessions, project scoping and budget estimates.
National MS Society, Denver, CO
• Entered content into the Kentico CMS system for the website redesign.
• Image organization and production.
Blue Archer, Pittsburgh, PA
• Branding and logo design for a variety of client verticals.
March 2008 – December 2012
Senior Interactive Designer — BarkleyREI, Pittsburgh
• Collaborated with the agency’s creative and management teams to produce interactive works that achieved the clients’ goals and strategies.
• Led concepts for websites, online media, mobile and other interactive media that displayed character, excitement and personality.
• Collaborated with marketing, strategists, content writers, UX team and developers.
November 2003 – March 2008
Interactive Designer — Ripple Effects Interactive, Pittsburgh, PA
• Assisted in brainstorming interactive ideas.
• Prepared rough design concepts.
• Designed websites and online marketing media for a variety of industries.
June 2002 – November 2003
Graphic Designer — Aquent Partners, Pittsburgh, PA
• Contracted for in-house print assignments in agency and other business environments.
• Designed computer graphics and print production.
July 2000 – May 2002
Graphic Designer — Reese Brothers, Inc., Pittsburgh, PA
• Designed company marketing and employee recruitment materials.
• Collaborated with account managers from the 10 regional offices to develop client campaigns and employee motivational materials.